Planning the Golden Years Successfully – RetirementPosted By: admin Comments: 0 Category: Finance
We work every day and dream of the day we can sit back and kick up our heels, yet for many of us, planning for retirement is a topic we always seems to avoid. One thing we are sure of is that this day will come. Planning ahead will ensure that you are relaxed to enjoy your golden years. Consider the following:
If you are depending only on the current employer or a government’s pension plan, what happens to your retirement savings plan if in your mid 40s or 50s and you want or have to change jobs?
- If you live for 30 years after you retire, will your retirement plan last that long?
- Will you be able to deal with medical expenses that may come later on in life?
- Have you put things in place to ensure that your personal belongings are protected? Have you prepared a will or is your deed in a secured place?
- Will you be ready when your income turns from salary to pension?
- Will you have to depend on your children or other family members to take care of your financial needs as you get older?
- Find out about your NIS benefits and company’s pension plan- Get full details so that so won’t have to assume.
- Decide now on how much you can start putting away for your retirement, add it to your monthly saving budget, you can start small.
- Ensure that home and car expenses (repairs, purchases, etc.) are dealt with while you are still receiving a salary.
- Ask yourself, how should I spend my retirement years?
Feel free to set up an appointment with our experts for help with financial planning towards your Retirement years.